NJRPA Community Recreation Section presents the Fall Workshop:
All-Hazard Preparedness for Park & Recreation Professionals
Planning for the Best Response and Outcomes
Thursday, October 4, 2018
Maggiano’s Little Italy Restaurant
Cherry Hill, NJ
11:30 Lunch is Served
12:00 – 4:00 All-Hazards Preparedness Workshop
This course provides a forum for park and recreation officials to understand strategic and executive-level issues related to all-hazard preparedness, to share proven strategies and best practices, and to enhance coordination among community officials responsible for emergency preparedness, response, and recovery. This 4-hour workshop emphasizes planning, operational coordination, and public information and warning through extensive group discussions and exercises utilizing real life parks and recreation scenarios such as special events and facility management. Participants will then develop an action plan to improve the preparedness posture of their agency. We encourage recreation agencies to invite other departments involved in emergency management.
1. Discuss the importance of planning in order to accomplish whole of community preparedness objectives.
2. Explain the value of establishing operational structures that integrate all critical stakeholders.
3. Analyze their ability to respond to a locally relevant scenario utilizing current plans and policies.
4. Assess the benefit of developing and delivering effective public information and warning to the whole community.
5. Analyze their jurisdiction’s (or organization’s) ability to recover from a locally relevant scenario.
6. Create an action plan to address key areas of concern identified during the workshop.
Presented by: Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service, home of the National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center. The course will be taught by experts in the field of the National Preparedness System. Funds provided by: FEMA, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, National Preparedness Directorate and the National Training and Education Division.
CEU's: .4 (pending)
$ 55.00 per person NJRPA member
$ 75.00 per person non-member
New Jersey Recreation & Park Association | 1 Wheeler Way Princeton, NJ 08540
Phone: 609-356-0480 | Fax: 609-356-0475 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org