Full Time Recreation Leader/ Senior Citizen Program Coordinator - Sparta Township
Sparta Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a hardworking, highly motivated and multi-skilled applicant to fill the position of Recreation Leader/Senior Citizen Program Coordinator.
Responsibilities include a concentration in planning, organizing and over site of new and existing senior citizen programs and also working with other departmental staff with delivery of the Township’s recreation programs. The department hosts special events, day bus trips and on-going programs for residents throughout the year. Some weekends and evenings required.
The qualified candidate will join the Parks and Recreation Department staff in delivery and support of all programs the department provides. Eligible candidates should demonstrate strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Requirements include a college degree in Recreation Programming or equivalent, previous program coordination and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience with utilizing social media and excellent customer service is a plus. Applicant must possess a valid NJ driver’s license in good standing. Sparta Twp. is EOE and Civil Service community. If interested in joining our team, applications are available at the Sparta Recreation Office at 22 Woodport Rd., (lower level) or online at www.spartanj.org.
Applications should be returned to Jeanne Montemarano, Sparta Parks and Recreation Director. Mail to Sparta Recreation; 65 Main Street; Sparta, NJ 07871 or drop off at the Recreation Office 22 Woodport Road, Sparta, NJ 07971
Application deadline is September 15, 2022.
PARKS AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Park Naturalist - Burlington County Park System
Burlington County Park System is seeking a qualified candidate for the full-time position of Park Naturalist to work in all of the Burlington County Parks.
Education Requirement: Bachelor of Science degree in the Natural Sciences, Forestry, Conservation, Natural Resources Management
Hours: 40 hrs/wk, not including some weekends
Starting salary: $40,510.00.
The Park Naturalist Position primarily entails planning and conducting of nature programs for the general public in each of the Burlington County Parks. Park Naturalists also conduct biological surveys to keep the natural resource inventories of the parks current, and participate in park restoration projects.
Click here for the Civil Service Job description:
Burlington County Job Application:
Interested parties should submit application, resume, and cover letter by September 1, 2022 directly to the attention of Jbulava@co.burlington.nj.us
PART TIME / SEASONAL
NJRPA Part-time Association Services Coordinator, 15 hours per week
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the duties of the Part-time Association Services Coordinator shall include, but are not limited to the following:
· Oversees association collections management.
· Prepares all bank deposits for executive director review and handling.
· Acts as association liaison to consignment program agencies and anticipates and implements ticket stock inventory.
· Processes and ships all consignment ticket orders and re-orders.
· Records all ticket transactions accurately, including orders, re-orders, ticket returns, and payments.
· Prepares ticket vendor payment requisitions balanced with monthly ticket sales summaries, interim, and program-end ticket sales summaries.
· Ensures accurate close-out of accounts with consignment areas and individual agency consignees.
· Promotes NJRPA ticket program within the membership and with related agencies through advertisement and direct personal sales contacts.
· Researches and makes recommendations to executive director regarding additional association consignment program opportunities.
· Administers annual conference registration and provides assistance in other conference planning as needed under the direction of the executive director.
· Handles basic correspondence and member inquiries regarding association programs and services; makes appropriate referrals.
· Assists the executive director of the association in the day to day office operation.
· Oversees maintenance of NJRPA office files.
· Assists with general office clerical, bookkeeping, and mail processing work as time permits.
· Shares responsibility for cleanliness and general organization of workplace.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
General technology skills including experience with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other appropriate software.
Must possess strong time management, organizational, interpersonal skills and initiative.
References: Provide 3 references with name, title, phone, and email contact information.
Salary & Other Compensations: $15 per hour.
Interested candidates please email resume with references to email@example.com or mail to:
Kathleen Avitt, CPRP
1 Wheeler Way
Princeton, NJ 08540
Recreation Intern – Township of Millburn
The Millburn Recreation Department is looking for a reliable and energetic intern to assist in coordinating various youth and adult programs during the Fall season. Sports include Soccer, Flag Football, Football, Cross Country Volleyball, etc.
- Be currently enrolled at an institution of higher education (pursuing a degree in Recreation or Sport Management preferred)
- Work 10-15 hours per week for site supervising (1-2 weeknights + Saturdays)
- Work administrative hours (dependent on internship requirements)I
- Have proficient computer skills and strong communication skills
- Possess a strong interest in learning all aspects of recreation, including but not limited to: programming, leadership, logistics, risk management, staff development & training, and marketing
- Must learn and enforce rules of all the leagues
- CPR and First Aid Certification is preferred
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recreation Manager – Somerset County Park Commission
Plan, promote, implement, and evaluate the operation of the park system recreation facilities, including Warrenbrook Pool, two tennis centers, a spray park, the putting course, and paddle boats. Responsible for the overall development and execution of regional recreation-based programming which utilizes general use parks and designated facilities within the Somerset County Park Commission. The Recreation Manager is expected to produce events sponsored by the Park Commission including but not limited to the Fourth of July and the Summer Concert Series. The Department facilities offer lessons, tournaments, wellness programs and lectures, concerts, and special events. The Manager also approves permits for groups who rent park facilities to conduct special events, the Showmobile, utilize the park facilities for commercial filming and/or photography, use the flying field for model aircraft and approved drones, and run tennis leagues. College degree in recreation management or related field, with a minimum of five years managerial experience. Experience in recreation and facility management, staff development, program planning and implementation, budget planning, overseeing capital improvement plans, and basic marketing. Experience in interacting with community groups to foster relationships and shared services. Ability to supervise staff and departmental programs. Ability to work with the general public crucial. Must possess NRPA Park and Recreation Professional certification or possess the qualifications and obtain this certification within one year. Must be a Trained Pool Operator or be willing to obtain certification within six months of employment. Must pass the NJ Department of Health Pool Directors Course. Ability to adjust work schedule for evening and/or weekends as required for the efficient operation of programs, facilities, and events, both permitted, and Park Commission sponsored. Must have a valid NJ driver’s license. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Visit our website at www.somersetcountyparks.org EOE
RECREATION COORDINATOR - Cherry Hill, NJ
RECREATION SUPERVISOR - Township of Teaneck
Immediate opening, competitive salary, Civil Service. Experience preferred.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Recreation Assistants - Springfield, NJ
The Springfield Recreation Department is seeking part-time year-round Recreation Assistants to join our team. Recreation Assistants are responsible for:
Attendance at an accredited college or university is required, and a degree in recreation or a closely-related field is encouraged, but not required. Previous athletic, youth supervision, teaching, tutoring, coaching, recreation, building supervision/facility management, special events, or other relevant experience is required. Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter, by email only, to: Adam Lieb, Director of Recreation, at email@example.com. The Township of Springfield reserves the right to review and interview applicants immediately, as qualified candidates are identified. All application materials are deemed confidential to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Township of Springfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Full-Time, Year-round Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors - Newark, NJ
The City of Newark is seeking to hire several lifeguards for year-round and seasonal pools. Applicants must have a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification. Lifeguard positions are full-time with benefits. Applicants must be able to work evenings and weekends. For consideration and more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Newark is seeking to hire a Water Safety Instructor to teach swim lessons. Applicants must have a current and valid Water Safety Instructor Certificate. Water Safety Instructor position are full-time with benefits. Applicants must be able to work evenings and weekends. For consideration and more information, please email email@example.com
If you would like to post a job/seasonal job/internship opportunity, please email all listings to firstname.lastname@example.org
For other Job Posting Opportunities, please visit the following sites: